Day 16 - "Typical Tuesday" - SOLSC
![]() |
| #SOL21 |
There is something to be said about having a normal, uneventful day. My kiddos were in school today and even if the bus was late, they were so awesome today. What was not awesome today is the continual grad school headache that I am dealing with. Here goes the daily slice...errr...rant.....
I have had a big problem with my graduate advisor. She has decided to register me for classes after one phone conversation, then I notice she signed me up for a class that has pre-requisites. She tells me this class was broken apart from another program (as this endorsement is a new program at the school.) So I can take a class that has pre-requisites?
Fast forward a day and I have another phone conversation with her last night and tell her what classes I wish to be in. This morning she emails me and says, hey let's change the course you are registered for that starts in APRIL! AHHH, someone help I think this wonderful lady who is trying to help, just might be making this more trouble than it's worth.
I don't think grad school should be so hard.
Ah, so much for a Typical Tuesday.
The highlight of the day truly was when my assistant says hey Ms. B (and I cringe, am I going to hear yet again how I am not doing something right?) No, she points out that in SEL this morning while I was assisting the 3rd-grade teacher run the remote session for her (A) scheduled kiddos, that my student has written about me in his journal. Today the students had to appreciate someone, a parent, teacher, or coach who always pushes them to work hard. My kiddo wrote that today he appreciates "Ms. B."
Hmmm, when you least expect it - the people that actually matter prove yet again that maybe I do matter after all. My students are all I should be worrying about, not anybody else.
Thanks for making my day kiddo, I appreciate you too.
Until next time I leave you with a quote that says it all.
*GB


Comments