Day 21 - "Only 5 Days Until Spring Break!" - SOLSC

 

#SOL21


Lesson planning is done and here we are on another Sunday fun-day with a whole day ahead just for me! Yet, it's now 2pm and I'm wondering where have you gone, my sweet Sunday? All I know is that I keep singing - there are only 5 days until spring break! I finally think after 21 days that I have hit my slice of life wall. You see, my life is pretty boring these days. I enjoy sitting at home, napping in the afternoon, and taking my sweet time at the grocery store. I think that is where my entire day went today. I slept horribly (the time change has not caught up with me) and then I enjoyed a leisurely trip to the grocery store! Why was this trip so much more fun than the others? Why because there are only 5 days until spring break and I am now all snacked up for my trip!

I think that is why I'm losing track of time and the concept that this Sunday is flying right by, as I'm already at next weekend and dreaming of being in the car and heading up for a few days of rest, relaxation, and no lesson planning! A few days of fun sounds like just what the doctor ordered, and now I have all of the snacks I could ever desire. My Sunday future fun-day is only 7 days away, and I get to go out of town! 

Only 5 days until spring break! Last year I wasn't this excited let me tell you. I had no idea we would be locked in the house for weeks/months even and where the trajectory of that school year would end. Either way, it's 5 days until spring break and I couldn't be more excited. Wait, I said that already.

It's a slicing first, useless rambling that has no point. Maybe I should have gone on about how today is World Down Syndrome Day. As a special educator, it holds a place in my heart. I have been dreaming about my first student teaching placement in a K-2 low-incidence classroom even more so today. I miss those sweethearts. I think I'll simply stop boring you with my rambling and go take that afternoon nap, dreaming of the days past, and the glorious days yet to come.

Until next time.......

*GB



Comments

Sally said…
It is because you repeated (what you refered to as rambling) that the true excitement of Spring Break comes through! Loved reading this. The same is for me. CAN. NOT. WAIT. FOR. FRIDAY. 2:30pm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Loved your slice!!!!
Adrienne G. said…
I was singing that tune last week. We have Spring Break this week. Today, I had my first Spring Break afternoon nap today and it was glorious.
Lainie Levin said…
I completely understand and appreciate the "I don't have anything to slice" slice. I think all of us go through it at one point or another, especially when we feel like we don't have anything to put out into the world. Maybe, though, that's the beauty of this challenge - it pushes us to just. Keep. Writing. I feel like there's more to it than that, but maybe it's for me to tackle in my own post. Who knows?

Popular posts from this blog

Random Thoughts - "A New Teacher's Testimony" - 23 Days Until School's Out!

Day 23 - "I See You" - SOLSC

Day 22 - "Only 4 Days Until Spring Break!" - SOLSC