Day 26 - "Zero Days Until Spring Break!" - SOLSC

#SOL21

 As I type this I am sitting here celebrating that I made it to spring break!!!! I can't contain my excitement that today the thrill of spring break was certainly in the air. Everyone was in a great mood and here we are, it's time for spring break! I am filled with a touch of writer's block because I honestly would rather be napping. Yet, I'll muster my way to finishing my data tracking for the day, add in a dash of grading, and head out to celebrate with my best friend who I have not seen in almost a month! 
The highlight of the day I'll sprinkle in here for fun. Now, some first graders who have learned my name at recess like to yell at me in the halls, "hello Ms. B", each and every time they see me. I have no idea where this started, but maybe I have some new fans? I LOVE this, it truly makes me feel incredible. The other highlight was having an incredible conversation with a parent today. It reminds me that some people might actually have faith in me. I couldn't feel happier at this very moment, well unless my schedule fairy had shown up, but ah well, at least it's spring break.
Zero days until spring break! So happy spring break to me and I send wonderful weekend wishes to all! 

Until next time...

*GB


Comments

Club sponsor said…
Wahoo to you! Happy Spring Break. I was totally with you trying to tie up loose ends- "data tracking for the day, add in a dash of grading". Loved the detail about first graders shouting your name at recess. So many reasons to celebrate!
Orval Jewett said…
Enjoy! I wish I had a Spring Break this year. Instead, the College has decided to stagger our days off so the students aren't compelled to take a week and run off to some other destination. I think this was a good decision on the part of the College. Having vacation days staggered over a two week period of time actually works out better, but I still envy your time off!
Adrienne G. said…
Happy Spring Break to you!!!!

So much good news here as you leave for a well-deserved break. I also loved the detail about the first graders. They don't know that this is a new career for you. They just know that you are a part of the fabric of their school.
Lainie Levin said…
Zero days! Zero days till spring break! Time for the happy dance. I'm glad that the day brought with it a breath of air AND a sense of validation, both from students and families alike. Enjoy!

Popular posts from this blog

Random Thoughts - "A New Teacher's Testimony" - 23 Days Until School's Out!

Day 23 - "I See You" - SOLSC

Day 22 - "Only 4 Days Until Spring Break!" - SOLSC