Day 27 - "Me-Time!" - SOLSC

#SOL21


There is a calm in the air today. Even though the day is flying by, the pressure to finish lesson plans, to prep for the week ahead, and to find the time to do adult chores just isn't a concern of mine today. 

As I'm slicing, I'm currently enjoying some lady pampering time. Any teacher I would imagine enjoys pampering all 10 little piggies after they have been all over the market (school) these last few weeks. At almost 8,000 steps a day, my feet, and hip dysplasia are not very happy. In essence, the dogs have been barking, loudly.

I call this time to relax "me-time." I have nowhere to be, nothing else I'd rather be doing, and the "to-do" list, can wait until later. 

I like to schedule "me-time" each day for my students as well. They work very hard and should have those twenty minutes each day to do as they choose and not their teachers. 

Others in school schedule this as choice time, but I like the emphasis that it's "me-time." This is time to explore what passions drive your humanity and how you choose to best sustain it. For example, I'll now be off to turn the massage chair back on and attend to my aching back. Ahhhhh spring break, thank you for
 "me-time."

Until next time....

*GB

 

Comments

You couldn't have captured this any better! Me time is essential and is all that matters. Enjoy! It is well deserved. The massage chair is calling to me this week too!
You inspired me. I love the "me time" idea in the classroom. And of course at home too!!
Adrienne G. said…
I am a huge fan of me time. Enjoy all the me time you an get this week.
Lainie Levin said…
I love that you prioritize "me time" for your students. It's a habit that serves us well throughout our lives. And I think it's more than just a name - "choice time" also kind implies the power structure of someone who is *giving* you that choice. "Me time" is all from the self. I love it! And I hope you enjoy the time you take for yourself, as well.

Popular posts from this blog

Random Thoughts - "A New Teacher's Testimony" - 23 Days Until School's Out!

Day 23 - "I See You" - SOLSC

Day 22 - "Only 4 Days Until Spring Break!" - SOLSC