Day 28 - "Off On A Weekend Adventure!" - SOLSC

 

#SOL21

Coffee in hand, gas tank filled, car packed with lots of yummy treats, and maybe a lot more clothes than necessary. The weekend adventure is underway. Two days of rest, relaxation, and soothing the soul is all that is on the agenda. Made it safely, the room is grand, the view is breathtaking, and no lesson plans loom over me. An afternoon stroll, through a quaint lake town, with thoughts of dinner at a favorite lake spot. What tomorrow brings who knows, for today all that matters is me. 

I will not think of one week from tomorrow starting my grad school adventure. I will not think of  my return to learning schedule which has not been completed, no thanks to the schedule fairy. I will not think of how my sister gets to enjoy going to Florida for a week and all I get is 1.5 days in my favorite, quiet, quaint lake town. I will not think about my looming Google educator test. I will not think of my hip dysplasia and impending cortisone injection. You see, for today all that matters is me. 

An evening in the hotel pool, a fireplace built for two, and enjoying a room with a lake view, are all on the horizon. The weekend adventure is underway and these are the moments to cherish. Work will come another day, but today all that matters is me.

Until next time...


*GB


Comments

Lainie Levin said…
What a beautiful post - and a beautiful view! I'm glad and grateful that you were able to give yourself this time to let go and allow yourself some separation between you and the "monkeys on your back" that haunt you in other weeks. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy1
Adrienne G. said…
I thin you are wise to get away for a few days. It will help keep work from sneaking into your thoughts. I look forward to reading some posts about this quiet, idyllic place.

Popular posts from this blog

Random Thoughts - "A New Teacher's Testimony" - 23 Days Until School's Out!

Day 23 - "I See You" - SOLSC

Day 22 - "Only 4 Days Until Spring Break!" - SOLSC