Day 7 - "Sunday Fun-Day" - SOLSC
![]() |
| #SOL21 |
Today for Sunday Fun-Day I woke up early to start my lesson plans. You see, the second vaccine shot took the wind out of my sails yesterday so my work for the weekend was not done, in any way. Saturday is usually my lesson planning day so since I was a day behind I had to get up early and tackle the work pile.
Thankfully today I feel much better. With an observation looming, I woke up early and got to work. Hours fly by and suddenly it is 2pm. Lesson plans are done, materials are printed, and I've acquired my daily coffee. (I have a slight problem with cinnamon dolce lattes.) Afternoon hockey is on and I have time to prep my plans for the week after next. Since my students will be in for extra days very soon, I better start early!
The point of Sunday Fun-Day is it is a free day. I can do whatever I want. Even if the laundry pile is huge I can leave that until later. I can read a book, go for a walk, clean, I'm free...to do what I want...any old time. Yes, the song was just in my head, ah the joy of being a former radio personality.
By 3pm the Monday tummy gurgles start to kick in. I am now wondering what will happen in the week ahead. Will my lessons fail miserably? Will I survive my observation on Tuesday? Will the week be as wonderful as this week was? Ah, I'll put those worries on hold until tomorrow. It is Sunday Fun-Day after all. I think I'll go for a drive, listen to my iPod, and celebrate that this gal is going onto grad school.
Until next time, I leave you with a quote that stirs the Sunday Fun-Day soul.



Comments
I love my job, but despite my intense passion for teaching and 30+ years experience, I still get "Sunday Nightitis" every Sunday night during the school year.