Day 12 - "Finally Friday" - SOLSC

#SOL21

My daily slice is inspired by someone who brought back my joy of the acrostic poem. In honor of that post (and Friday), here is my own.

Feel the weight of the week lift off your chest
Realize that you did your best
I really wish I could have changed
Doubts in my head that can't be rearranged
All the days I fight my fright
Yet, God has given me the might to continue on into the light. 


I was also asked to share about the days of my former career. I don't think two poems in one slice is a bad idea, so enjoy a look back at my 15 years in RADIO.

Radio how good you were to me
All I did was enjoy the scenery
Days and days on the air
I never knew I wouldn't still be there
On the radio all those years, one stop on a journey that led me here. 


Until next time - 


*GB


Comments

Adrienne G. said…
TGIF! I am so glad it is here.

Your poem about radio got me thinking about teaching online. I see some faces, hear some voices, but a lot of the time I feel like I am talking into the void.
Club sponsor said…
Finally Friday indeed! Love the pep of the paired poems. Enjoy your weekend!
Lainie Levin said…
Yes! Hooray for Friday! And...thanks for sharing a bit more about your days in radio.
aggiekesler said…
TGIF!! Hope the weight lifted brings some respite. :)
Unknown said…
TGIF...thank you for sharing! Rest and enjoy your weekend!

Popular posts from this blog

Random Thoughts - "A New Teacher's Testimony" - 23 Days Until School's Out!

Day 23 - "I See You" - SOLSC

Day 22 - "Only 4 Days Until Spring Break!" - SOLSC